6 big ones
1 cup flour
1/2 tablespoon Salt
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup lard or shortening (or beef tallow)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk the egg and milk together.
- Whisk together the wet and dry ingredients, but don’t overmix
- Let sit at room temperature till ready to cook.
- In a metal muffin tin, place about 2 TSP of lard in each cup and place in oven.
- When lard is very hot, pull out and pour the batter into the cups, replace in oven.
- Puddings will cook for about 10-15 minutes, until all puffed up and golden brown on top.
- When ready, remove from tins and place on towel to absorb extra grease.