1/2 cup Butter (melted)
2 can creamed corn (15 oz cans)
1 egg (beaten)
16 ounce dry corn bread mix (package)
1 onion (finely chopped)
4 jalapeno peppers (seeded and chopped fine)
- Preheat your oven or BBQ to 350 C
- In a cast iron pan, fry the onions till they are a little brown, soft and aromatic.
- In a mixing bowl, combine corn, butter and eggs.
- Add the dry powder, mix thoroughly.
- Add the onions and peppers.
- Pour it all in the cast iron pan, and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or till toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean and dry.
- I use bacon fat, of course, to fry the onions. The remaining caramelized onion bits and bacon grease makes for a real nice crust on the underside of the cornbread.