Disney Smoked Turkey Legs
3 KG Chicken parts
3 liters of ice cold water
12 g Prague Powder #1
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup kosher salt
- Start with a litre of warm water, to ensure the salt, sugar and Prague Powder dissolve
- Mix that slurry into the cold water
- Add your chicken parts, making sure no pieces touch other pieces
- Into the fridge, covered for 3 days
- Out of the cure, pat dry with paper towel, then spray with Canola Oil
- Add some fresh cracked pepper to the chicken pieces.
- Smoke with a small amount of cherry wood, over 325-350 until 180 degrees internal
- I used Chicken Legs but I really dislike the grizzle and tendons on legs, so I will use thighs next time.
- Meat was sweet, hammy and delicious!! Kids ate it up, which is nice.